We are Growing!
BioPower is a wood pellet manufacturing facility in Atikokan, ON. We produce wood pellets for both industrial power producers and the home heat market. Our raw material is sustainably sourced through sawmill residuals and unmerchantable, underutilized forest resources. Reporting directly to the CEO, the newly created Operations Forester position will be based in either Atikokan or Thunder Bay.
BioPower offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits and a group RRSP. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Plan fibre sourcing for 120,000 – 180,000 MT annually
- Road construction and maintenance planning/budgeting
- In block road and boundary layout
- Manage day to day operations of harvest crew, road maintenance and haul
- Forestry compliance with MNR, SFL holders, FSC
- Purchase wood from independent suppliers for mill
- Manage contracts, safety, and compliance documentation
- 3 years forestry experience in operations and planning
- Ability to self direct schedule and tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Valid drivers license